Earth observation is the collection of necessary information and data about Earth through remote sensing technologies like specially designed satellites. The data from these satellites are intended for use in various application sectors like environmental monitoring, agriculture, water resources, urban planning, rural development, forestry, ocean resources disaster management, meteorology, and map making.
Images of Earth gathered from artificial satellites placed in the orbit have become a powerful scientific tool to understand Earth and its environment. Satellite images now offer high-resolution, accuracy, and entirety.
It allows the observation of large-scale phenomena in a wide frame. A single satellite image, for example, has the ability to provide coverages of air pollution or earthquake for the entire span of its occurrence.
The report analysts forecast the satellite-based earth observation (EO) market in APAC to grow at a CAGR of 16.79% during the period 2016-2020.
Covered in this report:
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the satellite-based earth observation (EO) market in APAC for 2016-2020. To calculate the market size, the report considers revenue generated from the following:
- Data and VAS, which include image and data processing as well as information products .
- EO applications in the agriculture, insurance, and manufacturing industries. For instance, insurance companies use satellite data of flood-affected areas to find out the number of casualties. The same data is useful for government agencies while providing disaster relief.
- EO applications and services in defense and intelligence, energy and natural resources, government authorities, living resources, and navigation and location-based services (LBS).
The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
- Rest of APAC (Australia, South Korea, Malaysia, and Indonesia)
Satellite-Based Earth Observation (EO) Market in APAC has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the Key vendors operating in this market.
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key Market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the Key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the Key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Key vendors ?