Driven by large scale LTE investments and the high penetration of embedded WiFi capability in consumer electronic devices, both fixed and mobile, a number of wireless carriers are taking a keen interest in WiFi enabled LTE gateways.
A WiFi enabled LTE small cell gateway (or base station) is an emerging network element, which has an LTE interface towards the carrier network and a WiFi interface towards the end user device. A vast majority of these base station deployments are likely to be in a small cell configuration.
Driven by infrastructure vendor commitments and demands from the wireless carrier community, the Research expects the installed base of WiFi enabled LTE small cell gateways to account for nearly 15 Million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of nearly 122% between 2013 and 2020.
WiFi Enabled LTE Small Cell Gateway Forecasts excel datasheet presents detailed forecasts and growth rate projections on the installed base, unit shipments and revenue of WiFi enabled LTE gateways from 2013 till 2020.
The forecasts are also segmented for the following regional submarkets:
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
The datasheet comes with a complimentary copy of the research’s The HetNet Bible (Small Cells and Carrier WiFi) report which includes detailed analysis and forecasts of the HetNet market. The report comprises over 434 pages and 262 figures.
The datasheet and the complimentary report cover the following topics:
- Small cell, carrier WiFi, DAS, Cloud RAN, Mobile Content Distribution Networks (CDNs) & HetNet technology and architecture
- WiFi enabled LTE small cell gateways
- Integration and offloading technology for carrier WiFi and small cells
- Market drivers and key benefits of small cells and carrier WiFi
- Challenges and Inhibitors to the small cells and carrier WiFi ecosystem
- Small cell and carrier WiFi industry roadmap: 2010 – 2020
- Small cell and carrier WiFi value chain
- Vendor landscape and acquisitions
- Small cell and carrier WiFi deployment models
- Vertical markets for small cell and carrier WiFi deployments
- Small cell backhaul technology, requirements and key issues
- Standardization and regulatory initiatives
- Small Cells as a Service (SCaaS)
- Small cells, SCaaS and carrier WiFi deployment case studies
- Industry, wireless carrier and vendor commitments to small cells and carrier WiFi
- Self-Organizing Network (SON) technology
- Profiles and market positioning assessment (current strategy, target market and products/services) for the following players in the HetNet market: ‘Pure-Play’ and specialist small cell vendors, DAS & repeater solution providers, carrier WiFi focused vendors, Cloud RAN solution providers, HetNet focused SON solution providers, Wireless network (Macrocell, Core) infrastructure vendors, chipset, software & component vendors, technology providers, WiFi network providers and small cell backhaul solution providers.
- Conclusion and strategic recommendations for HetNet solution vendors, wireless carriers and macrocell infrastructure vendors.
Carrier WiFi forecasts (unit shipments, revenue, installed base) are categorized in the following categories:
- Access Points
- Access Point Controllers
- Managed WiFi Offload
- Unmanaged ‘Open Access’ WiFi
Small cell backhaul forecasts (revenue) are categorized in the following technology categories:
- Ethernet over Copper
- Ethernet over Fiber
- DSL modems and DSLAMs
- Non Line of Sight (NLOS) Microwave (Sub-6GHz spectrum)
- Point to Point (PTP) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- Point to Multipoint (PTMP) Microwave (6-60GHz)
- Millimeter Wave (Unlicensed 60GHz spectrum)
- Millimeter Wave (Licensed 60GHz spectrum)
Key Questions Answered
- The datasheet and the complimentary report provide answers to the following key questions:
- What are the key market drivers and challenges in the small cells and carrier WiFi market and the wider HetNets ecosystem?
- How big is the WiFi enabled small cell gateway market, and how much revenue will it generate in 2020?
- How big is the HetNet ecosystem, and how much revenue will it generate in 2020?
- What will be the installed base of small cells and carrier WiFi access points in 2020?
- Which geographical regions offer the greatest growth potential for HetNet deployments?
- What is the service revenue for mobile data services delivered over small cells and carrier WiFi, and how will this vary overtime?
- How are investments on DAS technology impacting the small cells and carrier WiFi market?
- What is the Cloud RAN concept, and how does it affect the small cells and carrier WiFi market?
- Which technology will be predominant in the small cell backhaul ecosystem and is there a market for satellite based small cell backhaul?