The leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research, Glioblastoma Multiforme Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Market – Novel Therapeutic Approaches Target High Unmet Need in Newly Diagnosed and Recurrent GBM”, which provides in-depth analysis of the Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) therapeutics market within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, covering Australia, China, India and Japan.
The report provides estimates of market size for 2013, along with market forecasts until 2020. It also covers disease epidemiology, treatment algorithms, treatment patterns, and in-depth analysis of the marketed and pipeline products.
The value of the GBM market in the APAC region amounted to an estimated $49.4m in 2013, and is expected to register a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.5%, to reach $105.8m by 2020.
The GBM market in India was the smallest of the APAC markets in 2013, but is expected to experience the highest growth rate in the forecast period, at a CAGR of 14.4%, due to having the highest number of promising candidates in the pipeline.
Japan currently has the largest share of GBM market in the APAC region, at 48%, and is expected to experience healthy growth during the forecast period at a CAGR of 13.8%. The existing treatment landscape is bleak for both newly diagnosed and recurrent GBM, with temozolomide alone serving as the standard of care after surgery and radiation.
For first-line treatment Rindopepimut, a novel vaccine, is in late-stage development in India and Australia, but it is limited to EGFRvIII patients. There are two strong candidates in the current pipeline for second-line treatment: Avastin and Cotara.
Avastin is the first and only targeted therapy for newly diagnosed GBM, is already approved as second-line treatment in Australia and Japan, and is in Phase III development in China and India.
Cotara is a single-infusion drug with a novel delivery route, which is in Phase II development in India. The expected launch of these three drugs is the key driver for growth in APAC GBM market. As all are expensive, even a modest uptake will increase the annual cost of therapy, and subsequently the market size.
- A brief introduction to GBM, including disease pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment options and algorithm
- In-depth analysis of major marketed products, covering product performance, life-cycle, and a heat map depicting comparative analysis of safety and efficacy parameters
- A comprehensive review of the GBM pipeline – including individual analysis of promising late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period – analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types and molecular targets
- Additional clinical trial analysis by phase, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate analyses, for each molecule type and mechanism of action
- Multi-scenario forecasts of the GBM market from 2013 to 2020 in the four APAC countries
- An overview of key licensing and co-development agreements that could have an impact on growth trends
- Analysis of the key drivers and restraints that have had and are expected to have a significant impact on the market
Reasons to buy:
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential
- Develop market entry and expansion strategies by identifying the potential regions and therapeutic segments poised for strong growth
- Devise a more effectively tailored strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers in the GBM market
- Develop key strategic initiatives based on an understanding of key focus areas and leading companies
- Accelerate and strengthen your market position by identifying key companies for mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships