The global geosynthetic clay liner market is expected to reach USD 488.2 million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Geosynthetic clay liners are used as lining system in construction, mining and upstream oil & gas sectors on account of providing good self sealing property and excellent chemical resistance.
Rising awareness towards environmental protection in mining industry is expected to increase the expenditure on landfill treatment and containment solutions which will remain a favorable factor.
Geosynthetic clay liner market volume in landfill was estimated at over 56.5 million square meters in 2014. The product is used as a lining system in mining industry to prevent leakage of chemical constituents into groundwater and surrounding environment through providing stability on steep side slopes.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global geosynthetic clay liners demand was 118.0 million square meters in 2014 and is expected to exceed 165.0 million square meters by 2022, growing at a CAGR of over 4% from 2015 to 2022.
- Roadways & civil construction is expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2015 to 2022. The product is used as a protection barrier in construction of roads, railways, commercial and other infrastructure facilities including stadiums, airports and dockyard. In November 2014, GCLs were used in Toulouse-Blagnac Airport and adjacent Airbus-France facility where the new Airbus A-380 was built. It was reported that approximately 40,000 square meter of geosynthetic clay liner was used in construction of this airport.
- GCLs also find application in agriculture and aquaculture industries in light of preventing the water leakage. Positive farming industry outlook in Peru, Chile, Norway and China in light of abundance of fish species including tilapia is anticipated to increase market penetration in the near future.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth and the market is estimated to reach 59.4 million square meters by 2022. In March 2015, the government of China announced funding of USD 1.1 trillion for infrastructure development of railways and roadways which will subsequently promote the importance of geosynthetic clay liners in the near future.
- Key market players include CETCO, GSE Holdings, Terrafix, HUESKER and Wall Tag. In May 2014, GSE Environmental, Inc. inaugurated a new manufacturing facility in Suzhou, China. The company will manufacture 20,000 metric tons of GSE products including geosynthetic clay liners. Increasing application of road construction along with easy raw material access in China is expected to force manufacturers to keep their production facilities in vicinity.
Download Sample Request:
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3. List of Data Sources
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Geosynthetic Clay Liners – Industry Summary and Key Buying Criteria, 2012 – 2022
Chapter 3. Geosynthetic Clay Liners Industry Outlook
3.1. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market segmentation
3.2. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market size and growth prospects, 2012 – 2022
3.3. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market – Value chain analysis
3.4. Raw material outlook
3.5. Technology overview
3.6. Regulatory framework
3.7. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market dynamics
3.8. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market key opportunities prioritized
3.9. Substitution threat from conventional clay liners
3.10. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market Porter’s analysis
3.11. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market competitive landscape, 2014
3.12. Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market PESTEL analysis