The global breathable antimicrobial coatings market is expected to reach USD 676.7 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing population and high focus towards better healthcare services are expected to fuel the demand over the forecast period.
In addition, supportive government regulations and increasing medical device & pharmaceutical manufacturing in developing economies are expected to augment utilization of the product over the forecast period.
Rapid development in antimicrobial technology is expected to play a key role in augmenting market development. Numerous companies namely Microban, Biocote, and Sciessent have been involved in providing effective antimicrobial technologies for numerous industries including medical, food, textiles, and construction.
The University of Dundee has been focused on developing new technologies for medical devices in order to prevent infections and its related diseases. They have developed nanocomposite coatings to reduce bacterial colonization & adhesion, thrombus formation, and prion adhesion.
They have been focusing on developing antimicrobial coatings, especially for implanted medical devices. Similarly, the University of South Australia developed new technology to reduce the risk of infection after biomedical implants such as knee or hip replacement.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Indoor air quality dominated the market in 2015 and is expected to witness a CAGR of over 11% from 2016 to 2025 on account of rising concerns regarding pollution of indoor environment including workplaces
- Mold remediation is expected to witness significant growth as the product is highly effective in controlling the moisture content inside the building as well as prevention of molds
- North America is expected to witness considerable growth of over 11% from 2016 to 2025 on account of extensive research & development being conducted by the market players
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness above average growth on account of increasing demand from developing economies, particularly, China and India and rising manufacturing capabilities
- The majority of the market players supply their products through direct online channels. For instance, Fast Mold Removal sells its products through its website named “fastmoldremoval.com”. Similarly, H.B. Fuller also operates its online channels in various regions across the world.