The global pressure relief devices market is expected to reach USD 4.1 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. The rapidly growing number of elderly population worldwide and rising awareness about pressure ulcers through campaigns along with the increasing base of obese population are expected to drive the industry growth.
Read full research report @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pressure-relief-devices-market
The incidence of pressure ulcer development has been rising since the past few years in hospital settings. According to a 2013 study by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), healthcare expenditure on hospital-acquired illnesses, including bedsores has increased at a rate of 7% from 2000 to 2013.
Geriatric population is prone to developing bed sores due to impaired mobility. Similarly, obese patients are at higher risk of ulcer development as they are required to stay in hospitals for prolonged periods. The limited mobility amongst these target populations will drive growth in this industry.
Creating awareness about pressure ulcer development is crucial since they are avoidable with proper precautions. Various campaigns such as ‘Stop the Pressure’ have been arranged by the governments to spread the awareness about pressure relief amongst patients and care providers. More than 2.5 million people in the U.S. and 0.7 million people in UK are affected by pressure ulcers every year.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
• Low-tech devices have been identified as the largest type of segment in terms of revenue share, due to easier accessibility and cost-effectiveness of the devices
• The focus on technically advanced innovative solutions is considered as the contributing factor to growth of low tech mattresses, especially gel-based mattresses and foam-based mattresses
• High-tech devices have been projected as the fastest growing segment over the forecast period followed by low-tech mattresses, due to improved technical features
• Amongst the types of low-tech mattresses, foam-based mattresses held the majority of market share in 2015 in terms of revenue owing to the high comfort and low technological complexity, and affordability
• On the other hand, gel-based mattresses are expected to be the fastest growing low-tech devices over the forecast period
• Dynamic air therapy beds were identified as the largest high-tech segment, while kinetic beds are projected to be the fastest growing segment, owing to the high efficiency and technical advancements
• Key players in this market include ArjoHuntleigh; Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.; Stryker; PARAMOUNT BED CO., LTD.; and Invacare Corporation
To get free sample @ https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pressure-relief-devices-market/request-sample